Chaos and Kairos

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Service (SaaBeeSue)

Today Takeshi and I went on a date to Yokohama. We had a great time and came back to our station around 4pm. We stopped in at the toy shop on the way home to see if they had any tea dogs (ochaken). That started a chain of "service" events. In Japan, regular customers are rewarded by "service" which usually refers to extra merchandise. The toy store did not have any tea dogs, but asked if Kie liked them. We said that she did but we were looking for a friend of hers in the States. Well do you think she might like a little stuffed tea dog? You may have it for her. So they gave it to us. From there we went to the vegetable shop, I was given some candied apple slices and Takeshi was given two packs of Kimchee. From there we went to the meat shop and met someone we knew who gave us a calendar. I asked Takeshi if there were any other places to go before returning home since we seemed to be on a roll today....

Did I mention that we stayed in the toy shop for over an hour just talking to the owners and a customer we knew? We didn't even buy anything....

5 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger takeshi66 said...

You forgot to mentioned that we live off this kind of service everyday! What a life!

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary and I have to come with you sometime for this type of "shopping" trip. It sounds even better than finding deals at garage sales!

Bruce

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you yesterday when I got "hazure" on the quick lotto on the new box of freezer bags I bought to put my homemade baby food in for Jun. You have won more contests, etc. than anyone I know. Remember the free "ningen doku"? My folks really loved the service in Japan too.

 
At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a great day!!!

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lately my gifts in the bag from the pharmacy have been skin tightening, age hiding face cream...

Faith

 

Post a Comment

<< Home