Chaos and Kairos

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Parent's meeting

Monday was the first parents' meeting for the new 9th graders. Kei has the same teacher as in 7th grade. The meeting began in the gym with the principal and five main teachers responsible for 9th grade all giving speeches. Oh, it began with the new music teacher who made us all sing. We sang a song that the 9th graders are all learning this year--it is a traditional song from 100 years ago and she said that all us moms had learned it in Junior High. She was appalled that only 10 out of 91 kids had ever heard it and told us we should do better!!! I felt especially bad since I did not know the song and couldn't sing very well. I felt MUCH better later when I found out Kei was one of the 10!!!!

After the speeches, we got into our groups to decide PTA responsibilities. Takeshi and I had already decided that we would not commit to any big roles this year. Our class finally filled all the positions. They also talked about recruiting moms for very short volunteer roles as needed. They said they needed 5 moms for the upcoming sports festival. So I volunteered. Nothing so strange about that, but I am still not sure what I actually volunteered for! I will either be participating in some type of relay event involving moms from all grades or I am patrolling the grounds for 30 minutes or I am a receptionist. I was too embarrassed to ask since I had volunteered myself! I guess I will just find out when the time comes.

The adventure continues...

1 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Sounds like fun, Dorrie! I know you will enjoy yourself! I sure wish I could see Kei in a basketball game before his season ends! We want to visit your folks too while they are here. They were so so kind to us and Jun loves her other Grandpa! Let's get in touch! Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home