Chaos and Kairos

Saturday, November 18, 2006

My Vehicle 2

On Friday before going to Kei's speech contest, I rode my bike to the home center to pick up a few things. It is about 15 minutes from our house downhill, uphill and then fairly level. I parked my bike in the bike parking and went in to warm up (it is getting cold now) and shop. I picked up a digital tape for the video camera I borrowed from a friend and a double curtain rail for our living room. (It has been over eight months since we moved back in so it's probably safe to put up curtains!)
The curtain rails can be adjusted to lengths ranging from seven to fourteen feet. I managed to stay on the bike and not hit anyone. Although one man did duck and I had to brake quickly not to run into a pole! I got safely to the very front of our gate when I suddenly lost balance and dumped the bike. I managed to move fast enough to save the curtain rail and remain standing. I was also able to entertain a group of delivery men. I narrowly missed entertaining a large group of construction workers. Their loss, I'm sure...

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger takeshi66 said...

The life when your husband is away from home...

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Angela Shih said...

Hahahah! I'm glad you're safe though! I bet you were laughing too! Hehe! How's the bike? :) Poor bike! haha At least you didn't get hit by the delivery guy's car or something. J/k.

PS it's fun to be able to imagine the hills you took, since I will probably NEVER forget how to get to your house. Sad for you... j/k

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got skills! You caught the curtain rod and didn't sprawl face down in gravel or asphalt. That's pretty good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home