Chaos and Kairos

Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Vehicle

This is the trusty steed that gets me to the grocery store every other day or so. It gets me to the laundrymat when it is raining or snowing. (We don't have a dryer. Well, we do have a dryer--it is called "the sun"!) It gets me to basketball practices and it gets Takeshi to baseball practices. It meets the kids at the station and Kie can still fit in the basket-seat in the back. So, I can actually go pick her up after local practices and from the train station. It takes me to friends' houses and to the local bath.

The picture is of yesterday's trip to the store for groceries. I went to Fuji Garden, which is a local supermarket and bought milk, meat, yogurt and bread. The milk, yogurt, and meat (sort of glowing!!) are on the back of the bike. Bread and rice crackers are in the front basket. Next I went to the local fruit/vegetable stand, parked my bike out front with everything on it, and bought eggs, mandarin oranges, bananas, and romaine lettuce.

Today walking on the way home from the station, I stopped at Seiyu (department-grocery store) and bought some octopus and okonomiyaki sauce. I also picked up a cabbage and some tofu at the veggie shop. I missed my bike!

2 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger takeshi66 said...

You have been working hard! You should mentioned that Seiyu is bought by WALMART now. I hope I can eat some "Okonomiyaki."

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger takazawado said...

I bought "Great Value" okonomiyaki sauce. I have never seen that in U.S. Walmart although it is their brand!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home