Chaos and Kairos

Friday, November 10, 2006

Questions

Sometimes I open up the last few minutes of class to questions.

"Does the US have big cities or just countryside?"
Me: "Does Japan have big cities or just countryside?"
"Okay, but some countries have only countryside, like India."
Me: "India has big cities!!!
"Why is American food so BIG?" "Why do Americans eat so much?"
Me: "Good question. I have no idea."
"Why are some Americans blond?"
Me: "Well..."
"Why do you have blue eyes?"
Me: "Well.... ask me something I can answer!!!
"You said we could ask you anything."
Me: "That I did. But I really only want you to ask me questions I can answer!"


All time favorite questions thus far:

How old are Americans when they learn English?
Why do you have a face that looks like a foreigner?
Do you really speak English? Are you really fluent?
Can you understand American movies without reading the subtitles?

Why can't you write kanji (Chinese characters), you can do math, can't you?

2 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger takeshi66 said...

You should write a book about your lfe in Japan. You have many stories.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Angela Shih said...

wow! You went to TOWN on blogging this week! I'll have to read more in depth later! :) FUN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home